Thursday, November 29, 2012

Firmoo Glasses Review


Last month when Firmoo.com asked if I would be interested in reviewing a pair of prescription glasses I jumped at the chance.  It's always nice to have an extra pair of glasses around. Last week you might have even noticed this photo on instagram (@Tiara_Wasner):

  
Review:

The process was extremely easy.  First, I contacted my optometrist for my prescription and PD (pupillary distance). Then I browsed firmoo's website for frames recommended for a PD of 56. After narrowing it down to a few frames, I uploaded a photo of myself to gage what each frame might look like on.

1 // 2 // 3

I ended up picking option two. Within 10 days my new glasses arrived. Of course I ripped open the package and tried them on immediately. I love the way they look!  For those who don’t know I’ve been rocking a look like this since college. However, I typically do not purchase black frames. I’ve had frames in tortoise, burgundy and currently olive. Since these were free I thought why not venture out of my color comfort zone.  I’ve also owned glasses from BCBG, Juicy and currently Oakley. The quality of the glasses are much better than I expected. They even arrived with a case, soft bag, cleaning cloth and mini tool! So what are my overall thoughts?

Pros:
  • First pair free  program (All new customers receive their first pair free -- just pay shipping. I believe it’s $7 for US residents)
  • Ease of ordering from the comfort of your own home
  • Quick delivery
  • Stylish options and frequently updated
  • Extremely light weight
Cons:
  • Fit – They were a bit big for my face and slide off 

So would I purchase glasses from Firmoo again? Yes, but only if they were a backup pair. Why -- because I’m a hands on shopper when it comes to glasses. I want to ensure they fit my face. I do believe with a bit more research you could find the perfect fit through their website.

Thank you Firmoo for a new pair of glasses and helping me break out of my color comfort zone.

Let me know if you order a pair, I’d love to see which ones you picked.

Now for the burning question… What do you think?








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!