Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Update

It was an action packed weekend! New restaurants, shopping, parties and Sunday football.

I kicked off the weekend Friday with snow and a working lunch (aka meeting) at Base Camp Pizza. This place deserves a full review. Don't worry it's coming to a blog near you very soon.

1/2 Mountain, 1/2 Thai Chicken Curry

Saturday I was up bright and early for a short trip to Granlibakken in Tahoe City for the annual Women's Wellness Weekend. Jen and I were only able to stay for a few hours, but we learned all about intuitive eating and cancer awareness.


On the way back to the South Shore we stopped at Emerald Bay  and snapped a few photos. Did I mention it snowed again!

The iconic shot at Emerald Bay 
Later that evening was the Tahoe Regional Young Professional's Winter White Party at Riva Grill.  

With the girls

The long awaited
South Lake Tahoe TJ Maxx opened Sunday. I was one of hundreds who woke up early for the grand opening. It's nice to have a place to shop in town that's not a boutique. Us Tahoe ladies (and gents) have to drive 25 miles to Carson City, NV for the closest Target. Oh the horror -- right? But hey -- I'm a maxinista now. 


After the Sunday morning trip to Tj Maxx Nick and I headed over to the Himmel Haus for German treats, Lauren's birthday and football. The food was amazing.  Here's a glimpse of their menu.


The weekend ended with a cozy fire and the 49ers with a tie.


Linked to:


8 comments:

  1. Oh man that pizza looks good! Any weekend that starts with good pizza is a good one :) And the Emerald Bay photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that pizza has my mouth watering! I can't wait for your review. Yay for TJ Maxx! I love ours and make way to many stops there! The German menu looks so good! The ham & cheese also makes me think I might need German food very soon! Thanks for linking up!! Hope you had a good Monday Tiara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good pizza is a weakness like ice cream, french fries and well sushi! The best part about the brat is the pretzel bun!

      Delete
  3. So Jealous you live in Tahoe - I've really been wanting to visit there! You have mountains, a beautiful lake and snow! So Jealous :) Yay for the TJ Maxx, definitely one of my favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you ski Feb. is the best time to visit. Otherwise I think August is pretty fabulous too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I really want to go to Tahoe to ski!!!! Def on my to do list. AND that pizza it's like 9:20am in the morning I want pizza now! thanks for that. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skiing here is amazing. Don't read today's post because there's even more pizza shots :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, it is just so pretty! And that pizza looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete