Friday, October 17, 2014

Bump Update // 25 Weeks


Dress
 
How far along: 
Exactly 25 weeks today! 

Baby's size:
Our peanut is the size of an cauliflower. About 13.6 inches and 1.5lbs.Just crazy!

Weight gain: 
Roughly 11 pounds. Right on track. I think it's all going to my butt.

Food cravings:
Sorry, not much to report here. However, never send a hungry pregnant woman to the store. Unless it's sample day at Costco.

Sleep:
Sleeping great! Only waking up once in the middle of the night..
 
Gender:
Team Pink  {reveal

Movement:
More everyday. She's really active after working out. Future athlete in the making.
 

 Best moment this week:
Having a quiet weekend without any visitors. Becoming a Fitfuential Ambassador!

Miss anything?
I'm starting to sound like a broken record here -- glass of wine, seasonal beer, sushi and breathless workouts. With the holidays quickly approaching it's going to get even harder.

Symptoms:
Had the sniffles the other week. Figured out that my body isn't use to greek yogurt any more earlier this week. Had a burn in my throat afterwards. I was just trying to introduce the baby to dairy other than ice cream and mix up my afternoon snack. Back to no dairy (for the most part) I guess.

Workouts: 
CrossFit, spin and walking/running. I'm still logging up to seven gym workouts a week. I'm just trying to maintain.  Fingers crossed I'll be able to maintain working out for the next 15 weeks.

My "Pregnancy" Workout Schedule 

Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday
1 hour of walking at an incline of 3-5 and 3-3.5 pace
15-30 pushups and 30-50 air squats (I usually do these at the end of the day while I'm watching TV)
If I'm feeling crazy side planks and pulls-ups

Tuesday/Thursday
In the morning my workout includes a 30-45 minute treadmill warmup -- walking/running depending on what feels good -- then 50 minute spin. After work I head to CrossFit for the WOD -- I modify whatever movement I need  to.  Last night was 1,000m row, 50 thrusters and 30 pull-ups for time.

Saturday/Sunday  
Depending on how I'm feeling maybe a quick circuit followed by a 50 minute spin session Saturday morning. Definitely a few dog walks, maybe a hike or bike ride and lots of stretching.
  
I posted this photo on instagram last week. Me pre-pregnancy (March/2014) vs. 24 weeks and about to head to the gym at 5 a.m.


Maternity Clothes?
 Yes and no. I've bought a few pieces, but still find a good amount of my clothes still work. Honestly, I need to buy more workout gear -- specifically pants. Most of my tops still work, but pants are just feeling too tight across my belly. 

Mood:
Overall, happy. I did cry last week when we decided to push the kitchen remodel back because we can't find a contractor to take on the project! It's been a frustrating few weeks. They're either too busy or just not interested.

Looking forward to:
Decorating the baby room! The crib was ordered last week. Now we just have to clear out the room, pick a paint color and start picking out all the other elements. I can't wait to share what I'm refinishing for the room. Hint: It's actually mine from when I was a child! It's amazing what we (more like parents) hold on to over the years.

Linking up with September Farm 

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Go team pink! Our daughter was born in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to look awesome! Love your registry picks too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely overwhelming. I feel like you don't really know what you need until the baby comes.

      Delete
  3. You are going to have one fit babe!! You go mama with all your workouts - you're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Developing those fast twitch muscles!

      Delete