Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Emerson Quinn // Two Months




Height + Weight | She's a chunky monkey! As of today she weighs 11 lbs and 10 oz and is 23 inches long! She gained 3 lbs in one month and is now tracking in the 71% tile. I think we might have an over achiever on our hands.


Health | A-OK. She can be a little pukey face from time to time, but the doctor doesn't think it's an issue. We also had our first rounds of vaccinations today.  


Sleep | I don't want to jinx myself, but this girl is a great sleeper! We get anywhere from 4 to 7 hour stretches at night. The last few weeks she's consistently been going down at 9:30 pm and waking up between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m.! Our doctor was very impressed and said that means she has good brain function and development! He told us to keep up our nightly routine. 




Eat | All breast milk (bottle & straight from the source). I finally am able to keep up with her demand. Which is clear by her weight gain.

We tried supplementing once and it didn't go well. So I upped my calorie intake and I saw a direct increase in my milk supply. Bring on the PB!

Wear | 0-3 month and 3 month. Most of the 0-3 are starting to become too small. Like I said she's a little chuck! I just ordered a bunch of clothes from Gap and Carter's for summer.


Social | We FaceTime on the regular with auntie Brittnay and uncle Marcus came for another visit! We go on daily walks with our roxy girl and a few new mama friends as well.




Baby Gear | In love with our Boba Wrap! Still a big fan of the Summer Infant SwaddleMe Adjustable Infant Wrap at night and Lulujo Baby Bamboo Muslin Blanket during the day.

Milestones | She's starting to crack a smile all on her own (no gasy faces). Her little personality is starting to show more and more. You may even get a coo or two out of her.


She has good tracking and neck strength for a two month old as well.

We started going to mommy + me boot camp classes. Girlfriend typically sleeps though. Oh, I'll be teaching the class for the month of April! That should be fun.

She found her hands and wants to suck on them. I tried giving her the paci, but she's not a fan. I just introduced the mini Sophie La Girafe and she'll hold it for a few seconds then let go.

She received her first round of shots. She had the bright red pissy face then fell asleep.



Postpartum | Ugh. I started back at the gym 2 days a week about 3 weeks ago. It has felt great to get back at it, but it's hard. I want to push myself, but I'm cautious. I'm afraid to push too hard and injure myself. I also fell off the healthy eating wagon and have noticed I'm a little softer than I care to be (yes I'm hard are myself).

So, it's time to get back at it! I figured I gave myself two months. So this week I'm back in the gym five days a week on top of our daily walks. I plan on addressing my postpartum eats and workouts in additional posts so stay tune. I think a number of you can relate as a new mom. Yes, we can have it all health + family.


six, seven and eight weeks
Other Emerson Updates


P.S. There's still four days left to enter the Lulujo Baby Giveaway.

4 comments:

  1. She looks like daddy in these pictures. Hard to believe she's already 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it. Time is flying by!

      Delete
  2. i cant believe she is already two months old! she is adorable! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jillian - I can't believe she is 2 months!!!

    ReplyDelete