Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Emerson Quinn // Nursery Reveal

Guess what?!  I'm finally sharing Emerson's nursery! Better late then never. Am I right?! It was definitely a labor of love and I'm happy with the outcome.

We painted the room Gray Beard by Olympic. It's super light and depending on the light it can look blue or purple at times. 

We decided to use a dresser we already owned as a changing table. I'm in love with this MCM piece and designed the room around it. The best part is we scored it for $15 a few summers ago at a garage sale! #winning

Above the dresser/changing table is a mix of new and old. I purchased the round metal mirror at TJMaxx a few years ago and never could find a place for it, until now. The prints to the right are antique lithographs my mom found at a garage sale 10+ years ago. They're images of various European landmarks [i.e., London Eye, Eiffel Tower, etc]. To the left are shelves from Ikea with books, photos, etc. 



I'm absolutely in love with the ceiling light. I knew it was the one when I saw it. [Ceiling Light (currently 50% off)similar]



The rug was a piece I was on the fence about for awhile, but it ended up working out once everything was pulled together.  If you have a dog I wouldn't recommend this rug it's really starting to show the wear and tear after only 6 months.

I really love this side of the room. Everything from the DIY blanket ladder to the collage above the crib. We were gifted with so many handmade blankets and the ladder is a great way to display them.

I searched and searched for an affordable glider/rocker and landed on this bad boy. It's perfect and so comfy.



Another shot of the shelves. Did you notice the rocking horse? That was my childhood rocking horse.  Emerson's room is a great mix of new and old pieces.


Close up of the dresser. It didn't look this good until my hubby refinished it.



Regarding the collage it's a mix of free printables and etsy.




Again, we were gifted so many nice blankets and I was looking for a way to display them. Instead of spending $$ at PB for this ladder the hubby DIY'd one for me! Didn't it turn out great. He's so handy. Oh and it only cost about $10 since we used stain we already had.


Close up of the shelves and canvas.


Source List:

Bedding: Pottery Barn Kids [this & this]
Crib: babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
Glider: Babyletto Bento Glider, Pepper
Ceiling light: Possini Euro Design White Flower Ceiling Light
Table Lamp: Threshold Lacquer Stick
Frames: Ikea (ribba series -white)
Curtain rod: Threshold Target
Curtains: Ikea
Prints: With Brave Wings, Arrows, Rise & Shine, Flamingo, ABC's, Three Ostriches, Be Brave
Dresser: Sourced from a garage sale
Rocking horse: From my childhood
Mirror: Already owned from TJMaxx
Lithographs: Already owned
Diaper Genie
Rug: Rugs USA Radiante Nuo Chevron Ikat Rug
Shelves: Ikea bracket/shelf
Pillow: TJMaxx
Deer Book Ends: Gift
Owl: Already owned - Pier1
Deer jewelry dish: Nick's Grandparents farm
Any Day Canvas: TJMaxx
Gray basket:  TJMaxx

I think that covers everything. If I missed anything feel free to leave a comment below.

6 comments:

  1. The room is beautiful and is a great place she can grow into! Great job mamma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn -- The print you sent was the perfect addition!

      Delete
  2. SO cute! i love everything, especially that rug! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian. I was so torn on the rug at first, but it ended up really working.

      Delete
  3. I love the eclectic mix of everything in her room! Those shelf brackets really dress up the shelves... I might have to take a trip to Ikea. :-) Those printables are super cute... and the deer book ends!! I want to hang out in her room. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikea keeps surprising me... I've even seen some people paint the brackets gold or a fun color.

      Delete