Thursday, October 1, 2015

How to Keep Your Car Fresh & Clean

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias

How to Keep Your Car Fresh and Clean

When you have baby, husband or furry friend your house and car can get a little messy and smelly. Maybe it's more the dog than the baby and husband, but either way it's nice to keep things fresh and clean. 

There's nothing better than a clean car. If you were to jump in my car right now all you would find are  a few pairs of sunglasses, car seat, and BOB stroller!

Curious how I keep it so tidy? I stay on top of it! I try not to leave anything in my car. Plus, I try to fully clean the inside of my car every few weeks.

After our road-trip to San Diego, a few weeks ago, the inside of my car needed a little TLC. Miss Roxy's hair was everywhere and it smelled like dog. #notwinning

While at Walmart last week I made my way to the Auto Care department and stocked up on all the essentials plus my secret weapon, Yankee Candle® Brand Car Jar Ultimate [c/o]!



I couldn't decide on one fragrance and since they're only $4.99 each at Walmart, three Yankee Candle® Brand Car Jars made their way into my basket. Walmart offers an array of fragrances, but I purchased Midsummers Night, Pink Sands and Clean Cotton!

Yankee Candle

Back at the house I gathered my arsenal of car cleaning supplies [windex, bug & tar spray, shop vac, etc.]  and got to work cleaning [semi-detailing] the inside of my car.


Yankee Candle

The Yankee Candle® Brand Car Jar fragrance lasts about 30ish days, so right when you get board of one fragrance it's time to switch it out. 


How to Keep Your Car Fresh and Clean

How to Keep Your Car Fresh & Clean:

1.  Keep your car tidy [aka - don't leave smelly gear in your car ]
2.  Steer clear of fast food. It will leave a stink in your car every time. Plus, it's not healthy for you.
3. Vacuum out your car at least twice a month or more if you have a dog, kids, etc. 
4. Clean up messes immediately. Maybe keep some napkins/wet wipes on hand for those "just in case" life moments.
5. Add a Yankee Candle® Brand on-the-go fragrance product [Smart Scent Vent Clips or Car Jar Ultimate] -Find them in your local Walmart's Automotive Care or Air Care departments.

Do you love the smell of a clean car? What's your go-to fragrance?

2 comments:

  1. I love having a fresh smelling car, it's the best. I use Yankee candle products just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my car is my rolling sanctuary- it MUST smell great at all times! I love Yankee Candle brand Car Jars! #client

    ReplyDelete