Sunday, December 6, 2015

Apple Pie Ice Cream

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheJoyOfPie #CollectiveBias


I loved reading everyone's Thanksgiving recaps last week. After being gone for the Holiday, last week kicked my butt! I have a full recap planned, but until then I'm talking about Thanksgiving dessert the second time around! Yup, I took leftover pie and made ice cream. 

Growing up we always had two desserts for Thanksgiving, Apple Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake. Even though I was celebrating Thanksgiving in Colorado with Nick's family we still had two desserts! They just happen to be Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie & pumpkin bars. 

The day before Thanksgiving my mother-in-law and I made a last minute trip to Walmart where we stocked up on a few items like Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie and Reddi-wip® Whipped Topping. Marie Callender's® offers tasty dessert options you can prepare in a flash! 



Earlier in the week the entire family went hiking and well after a 4+ hour hike I would say we earned  all things Thanksgiving food.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving day -- Over pie we shared Thanksgiving memories, traditions and laughs.  Later that night the photo albums even came out! It's confirmed Emerson looks just like Nick as a baby.

Ok, back to dessert. The evolution of our Dutch Apple Pie in photos...

Baked to perfection.


A slice of Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie and Reddi-wip® Whipped Topping. The hubby really likes Reddi-wip® ;)


The next morning I whipped up some ice cream using leftover pie. Oh, I also made sure to leave a little pie to enjoy on the side. Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie x 2. The ice cream was a huge hit.


Apple Pie Ice Cream

Ingredients 

½ cup Sugar
1 cup Milk
2 cups Cream [heavy or whipping]
2 Eggs
¼ Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie

Directions

Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Add the milk and cream and briefly beat. Process through an ice cream maker until ready according to the manufacturer’s instruction.

Gradually add Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie to mixture. Mix for another minute.

Transfer it into a freezer proof container and freeze until it hardens a bit more and is ready to use, about 3-4 hours.

Serve with additional leftover pie.

The Holiday season is often a time of year when we think more about others than ourselves. How are you sharing the joy of pie this holiday season?

10 comments:

  1. I love Dutch apple pie and I bet it tastes really yummy as an ice cream flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a Marie Calendar's pie in forever! And I love the idea of apple pie ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love dutch apple pie!!!

    xx.Hilary
    http://www.fortheloveofbasil.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That looks so incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already love Marie Callender's and I bet adding it to ice cream is a dream! [client]

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY, this looks easy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome! A delicious combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious. I would love it with peach pie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there any rule that says I can't consume this for breakfast?? Because now this is all I want! This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete