Monday, February 15, 2016

What I Really Eat



Do you ever read a fitness blog, website, magazine, etc and wonder what they really eat? You're not alone. I want to know if said writer is really practicing what they preach. 

Since I often talk about food and fitness I figured why not talk about what I really eat. You know day to day meals. Yes, I have treats every so often, but my food game is on point 90% of the time. 

Personally, I prefer to eat super clean just so I can enjoy a sweet treat and a glass of wine over the weekend.

I look at food as fuel and notice the greatest gains when I'm eating clean, drinking plenty of water and sleeping 7-8 hours a night.

So what does a typical day of meals look like?

Breakfast
+ Coffee w/ Almond Milk & Honey [Every Damn Morning]
+ Two Hard Boiled eggs with a cup of fruit, Green Smoothie, or Frittata

Lunch
+  Leftovers are my go-to
+ Typically it's a salad of some sort

Dinner
+ Salmon/Chicken and veggie/salad or Breakfast for Dinner: 2 Eggs, Avocado and roasted sweet potatoes

Snacks 
+ Fruit
+ Apple with nut butter 
+ Carrots, Celery or sliced cumbers

Yup, nothing too fancy here. Typically, on Sundays, I meal prep what I can. It includes baking chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and chopping veggies for the week. This makes meals super easy.

For Example, tomorrow's meal plan.
Paleo Meal Plan

You might have noticed the plan is from a challenge I mentioned a few weeks ago. I'm almost done with the Lurong Living  Challenge and plan to write a full review. While I haven't lost a single pound my body composition has changed. It's truly amazing. I'm living proof that diet is just as important, if not more than exercise. You are what you eat.

If you are what you eat, what would you be?

1 comment: