This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
Yup, it's FriYAY and I'm talking about fitness. Are you surprised!? Good luck on 16.2 to all my crossfit readers! It's a good one. Today is all about leg blasters and DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut.
When I was younger I always thought my lower body was stronger than my upper. However today, I think the complete opposite. Hello, I have no problem busting out pull-ups and push-ups, but I'm on the struggle bus to back squat 150 lbs. I know, first world problems over here. Aside from working on back squats and front squats, to build up my lower body, I love working in a quick leg blaster a few days a week. It's also a great warm-up for a longer workout.
10 Minute Leg Blaster [Complete 5 rounds of the below moves]
20 Jumping Lunges
20 Jumping Squats
10 Burpees [Chest to floor and end with a jump]
Quick Tips for the Perfect Squat [How To]
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips.
2. Your toes should be pointed slightly outward – about 5 to 20 degrees outward.
3. Look straight ahead and pick a spot on the wall in front of you. You’ll want to look at this spot the entire time you squat, not looking down at the floor or up at the ceiling.
5. Now, breathe in, break at your hip and push your butt back. Keep sending your hips backwards as your knees begin to bend [Keeping your spine in a neutral position and weight in the heels of your feet].
8. Squat down until your hip joint is lower than your knees [what we call parallel].
9. Keeping everything tight, breathe out and drive through your heels. Drive your knees out the same way you did on the way down, and squeeze your butt at the top.
Remember: Keep your body and core tight the entire time.
Ok, now that your heart is pumping and you're feeling the burn let's talk about fuel. I have a secret. I eat chocolate EVERYDAY. Yes, everyday unless I'm doing a 'special 5-week eating plan.' Personally I like to enjoy a small indulgence because it makes me happy.
I'm picky about my chocolate and recently discovered DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut. It's the prefect combo of chocolate and nuts, without it being trail mix. But then I've always been a sucker for chocolate covered almonds.
|DOVE® Dark Chocolate Cranberries, DOVE® Dark Chocolate Blueberry & Vanilla Cashew|
DOVE® Dark Chocolate Raspberry & Honey Roasted Almond
The product is located in a DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut display in Walmart stores [coupon].
What is something you do or eat everyday?