Monday, May 30, 2016

How to Wake Up and Workout Early

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ListerineBOLD #CollectiveBias

How to Wake Up and Workout Early

Happy Memorial Day! 

I'm off to the local crossfit gym for Murph [1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run]. I'll be on the beach crying later if you need me.

I love getting up and working out out early -- said no now ever. Guess what?! It really is the best. I'm a morning person always have been. I'm the crazy lady up and to the gym at 6 a.m. or hitting the trail by 8 a.m. Want to be friends? 

While these days I workout when I can, I still prefer to workout first thing in the morning. A typical week has me at the gym twice a week before 6 a.m. for spin and 4-5 days at crossfit. 

crossfit

How to Wake up and Workout Early

Set Out your Clothes the Night Before
By setting out your clothes the night before you're setting yourself up for success.  Personally I leave my clothes in the bathroom so I don't have to worry about waking up the hubby. I've had one friend tell me she sleeps in her gym clothes! HA! Whatever it takes to get up and out the door.

Pack your Gym Bag the Night Before
There's nothing worst than running around in the morning looking for 'gym things.' Once dressed, etc you just have to grab and go.

Set Your Coffee 
No one has time to make coffee before the sunrise. Trust me, prep EVERY thing the night before.

Stash Mints in Your Nightstand 
The sugar in the mint will excite and your brain, and the mint itself will liven up your tongue’s taste buds and nerve endings. Basically, you’ll get rid of morning breath and wake up your mind and body for a sweat session.

I like to keep a packet of LISTERINE® POCKETPAKS® Cool Mint in my nightstand. Not only do they Dissolve instantly, but they Kill 99% of odor-causing bacteria in 30 seconds and bad breath germs [in lab studies]!

Go to Bed Early
Sleep does a body good. If you want to wake up early then you have to go to bed early. Start by going to bed 15 minutes early every night until you hit your ideal bedtime. I like to be in bed by 9 p.m. with the absolute latest being 10 p.m.

How to Wake Up and Workout Early

My morning time must haves [besides coffee]. As apart of my morning routine I love using LISTERINE® TOTAL CARE Fresh Mint mouthwash. Not only does it kill germ and freshen your breath, but it helps wake you up. Well, it helps me. Hey anything that gets me going in the morning. 

How to Wake Up and Workout Early

Did you know it's the only nationally branded antimicrobial mouthwash to receive the ADA Seal of Acceptance for fighting plaque and gingivitis?!

The next time you're at Walmart check out the mouthwash aisle and don't forget to use this COUPON. You're welcome ;)


Happy sweating!

Are you a morning person? What are a few of your tips and tricks to waking up and working out early?

8 comments:

  1. I wish I was a morning person. I definitely need to work on my morning routine. #client

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a morning person. But the times I have gotten up early to work out it had a wonderful impact on my day. I have tried so many things but I have problems falling asleep. Great tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mint idea is so smart! If I dont go early I wont go at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early workouts are the best! Love to get it out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel better when I can get a workout done early in the day. However, I am not a morning person, so it is always a challenge to get up and get moving. Thanks for these simple tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I am actually all prepared to get up early for my spin class in the morning. Ekkk! I used to be a morning person so I know I can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tips are so spot-on. When I was training for my half marathon and had to get up at 5am to get my long run in before work (and before it got hot!) I had to make sure that everything was laid out and charged the night before. It's all about setting yourself up for success. Now that my husband's job has us moving and living out of hotels, I get my work done in the mornings and evenings and hit the hotel gym in the afternoon. I guess that I'll always be adapting to workout in a way that suits my current stage in life.

    ReplyDelete